Friday, January 07, 2005

Torturing the definition of torture.

The Democrats are up to their usual racist tricks as they try to squash the nomination of Judge Alberto Gonzales for the crime of not swearing the appropriate fealty to the Left. Of course, they aren't saying THAT, but instead are trying to use the mistreatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib as a cudgel to blame him, Dubya and Evil America in general for not being nice enough to those nice young men who are doing their political bidding by slaughtering our soldiers. (When they aren't kidnapping and beheading civilians, that is.)

Make no mistake about it - the Democratic Party is ideologically identical to Al Queda because they share the same hatred of America and the desire to see it laid low and submissive to our enemies. This is why, despite all of Dubya's weaknesses and failings, we're a lucky country that the Feckless Crapweasel didn't win. (Whew.)

Anyhoo, Jonah Goldberg over at The Corner had this interesting tidbit:

So many readers have made variations of this point, many, many from personal experience:

After I was captured, my hands were tied behind my back and I was struck repeatedly in the face with an open hand. After enduring the beating I was thrown on the water board, where under questioning the enemy would drown you till the verge of losing consciousness, only to revive you and start all over again. Then a black bag was secured around my head and throat which made it difficult to breathe. I was confined to a three by four foot tiger cage with a coffee can for a toilet. Loud music blared from speakers in the compound and I was repeatedly dragged from my cage for more beatings and interrogation. At night when it was freezing the guards would pour cold water on me. I was deprived of any food for five straight days.

Sounds pretty bad, doesn't it? Well that is only part of what EVERY U.S. Navy and Air Force pilot and flight crew goes through in survival school. The Army does it for their special forces guys as well. We do this to our own people for training but we can't do it to terrorists?
Incredible.

Yep. Pretty incredible, but yawningly familiar and terribly sad.

No comments: