Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tag! I'm It!

One of the new features of the new Blogger setup is that posts can be tagged with categories. This will allow readers to find related posts under those categories. These are a work-in-progress, but mostly they should be self-explanatory; if you can't figure out what "babes" or "games" posts, then you may be better entertained by Daily Kos.

However, one category that may be opaque is "stuff and nonsense". I've said all along that most blogs are the intersection between narcissism and voyeurism and unlike most blogs, I've never been too big on the "personal sharing" thing. If you want to read about personal relationship drivel, there are at least 40 million people on MySpace pouring out intimate details about their lives that will more than fill your train wreck needs. (e.g. I know more about my drummer's step-daughter's life than I really should.)

Occasionally, though, I will have something of an occasionally me-oriented nature to post that falls into the more traditional "bloggy stuff" - what I almost called this tag - category and that's where "stuff and nonsense" comes in. Before I started this blog, I used to gather little news items to send to my girlfriend, Hermione, and the subject line would be "Stuff & Nonsense", so it makes sense that all the miscellaneous debris get filed under that title.

Jeez, this was a pointless post. How bloggy. (See how it got tagged.)

No comments: