Monday, September 10, 2007

DOA Tech

No, this isn't about the evil company referenced in the "Dead Or Alive" games, but my misfortune in buying a Logitech Harmony 720 remote control from Costco. To cut to the punchline, the damn battery wouldn't charge and I've got to take it back. Dead right out of the brand new box. I found posts on the Harmony support forums that indicate this isn't a unique occurrence either. Pffft. Glad I didn't drive 50 miles out of my way or order from online. I use a Logitech mouse and have a kicking set of 5.1 surround speakers on my PC by them, but this is some piss-poor quality control, I must say. The sad part is that I had picked up a remote from the stack in the store and put it back in favor of another copy because the blister pack was scratched. Sheesh. I'll bet that one would've worked.

UPDATE: Exchanged it and the moment I popped the battery pack into the new one, it showed signs of life. I thought it odd that a battery would ship with no juice whatsoever.

No comments: