Live-blogging and updating as needed...
• The Treason Media either hasn't gotten a whiff of the backlash they're fomenting against their smears of Palin or they've decided to go all in because after spending the past five days tearing this woman down out of their sheer terror and hatred for women who don't line up on the Left, why stop now?
Now the Enquirer is hinting that Palin had an affair years ago and the TM are repeating the story even though those same outlets ignored John Edwards' affair and baby until he came out on ABC and admitted it. This created the odd spectacle of a guy confessing an affair that most of the public had no idea about because the media protects liberals. Compare this to the thrashing 17-year-old Bristol is receiving. Old, young, doesn't matter - unless you're a liberal and/or have the required abortion for membership, women aren't real people in the eyes of the Left.
Besides, Malkin has a Photoshop of the US cover they never ran:
• Meg Whitman, former chairman of eBay, who grew the company from 30 to 15,000 employees in a decade spoke. She must be one of those evil rich people the Dems seek to annihilate in the name of "social justice". They should raise her taxes, that brute!
• Andrew Kohut of the Pew Research Group is saying that the public has absorbed the message of the TM that we're living in a Depression. Nevermind that the economy GREW 3.3% last quarter and that gas is down over 60 cents a gallon in the month that Dubya made moves to open drilling, the media wants you to feel miserable so as to support a glorious socialist revolution and the restoration of Das Fatherland under Fuhrer Obamessiah. Funny how since the Dems took over, gas prices doubled, the mortgage bubble burst, and it's all Dubya's fault and the solution is more Dems and Obama as Kingpin of the whole corrupt cabal, no?
• Carly Fiorina, former CEO of HP, is speaking. Funny how the shrill harpies last week at the DNC were shrieking about the need for more government and more abortion, while Republican women showcased are successful business women who ran huge Evil Corporations worth gazillions of dollars and employing tens of thousands of employees and we're told Barry O'Bama's years of being a "community organizer" trump that, huh? That said, she's not keeping the crowd riveted with her bullet point list of what Juan McAmnesty will do.
• Speaking of which, snips of Palin's speech have been released and if delivered properly, she's gonna be America's Sweetheart by 11pm EST. When I read this line - "Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities." - I called Hermione up and told her she may want to watch this cuz it's rock star time.
• Gwen Ifill is on the floor baiting a pair of delegates who supported Romney and Huckabee with, "C'mon, don't you think that your guy should be Veep. C'mon, take a swing at McCain and show how divided your party is compared to the glorious People's Democratic Party.", type questions and they ain't falling for it.
• Now former Lt. Gov. Michael Steele of Maryland - who's run for the
top job Senate led Dems to illegally pull his credit reports and liberal bloggers to throw Oreos and put doctored photos of him in black face - is out there and he had to wait for the chants of "STEELE!" to die down. He got the whole arena going with "Drill, baby, DRILL!"
• I just noticed that we're an hour in and I haven't seen a white guy on stage yet. Two black men, two white women and a Hispanic man have spoken. Did the Dems give this much time to non-whites and non-males except as tokens and victims? Soon, it'll be Honkypalooza as Rudy, Huckleberry, Mitt and Moose-Slayer lighten things up.
• I was chatting with a good friend this afternoon and he wrote "McCain/MILF '08" and wondered if there was a bumper sticker for that. This is but one out there:
• Mitt Romney is out here to provide enough whiteness to balance the first hour. Meaty speech of conservative talk that frightened poor David Brooks who declared this the first speech of the 2012 campaign. "He figures that if McCain loses, the party will be tired of mavericks and want a solid conservative and he'll be there." The panel was aghast that anyone would dare speak against liberalism. ORLY? At the Stupid Party convention, this is a surprise? Did they blanch at all the anti-conservative/pro-fascist talk at the Dems Mile-High Nuremberg Rally last week? If so, I missed it and I watch most of it.
• Now the panel is moaning that poor Huckleberry Huckabee didn't get more consideration? Gee, could it be that the fact he is a unserious populist who loves rewarding invaders and would've sunk the already wishy-washy McCain? Duh.
Huck got in a bunch of good digs at Barry's European Vacation and how he brought back the ideas of bigger, more fascist government. Awesome section smacking down the myth that the Dems are the party of the "little guy" - "I didn't become a Republican because I was rich; I was tired of being poor waiting for the government to come along and bail me out." (Probably scrambled that.) SICK BURN on Biden saying that Palin got more votes running for mayor of Nowhere, Alaska than Biden got running for President. Told a story about desks and veterans that I see he's told before, but I hadn't heard it. His preacher background was evident.
• The lady guv'ner, Linda Lingle, of Hawaii is out paving the way for Moose-Slayer and getting in some choice shots at the thinness of the Dem ticket, including mocking the tinyness of Delaware compared to Alaska. Heh.
• The Corner is saying they're getting complaints that Fox News didn't show Romney or Huckabee. NBC screwed with the coverage last night - showing Dubya without the crowd reax and not showing Fred Thompson - but it's crazy that anyone, much less the supposedly GOP-controlled Fox News, would omit such large chunks of coverage. Wonder WTF that's about?
• Rudy's out now for the keynote. Remember last year when everyone said that it was was gonna be him vs. Hillary! for Prez? (So much for that conventional wisdom, eh?) After the eleventy-zillionth mention that McCain was a wounded war hero, he tore into Obama's empty resume and his 130 votes of "present" in the Illinois Senate - when you have to make a Presidential decision, present isn't an option. The crowd keeps chanting, "Zero! Zero!" The guy's accomplished nothing but becoming famous and developing a death cult, but I guess pointing that out is...wait for it........RACIST!!! Balderdash!
He totally called out the Dems appeasement and defeatism about the Iraq Non-War, contrasting McCain's support for the surge when it was considered good money after bad and political suicide. Obama's flip-flops and mendacity got an airing. I shudder to think if this is the first time anyone is hearing this stuff. Pay attention, people! Good shots about Obama's squishy fumbling of the Russian invasion of Georgia. Got the crowd on their feet repeatedly. Easily surpassed Fred's truckload of red meat last night. (I wonder if McCain will do as well tomorrow?)
• Several times conventioneers have broken out in chants of "U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!" Did you hear any of those last week in Denver or were they chanting "O-ba-ma! O-ba-ma!"? Pretty scary cult of personality going on over there. Republicans love America; Democrats love power in the form of their god-become-flesh Obama. Whoops, can't question their patriotism, can we? Why not? They're anti-American - we can't mention that?
• The Moose-Slayer is in da heeeezzzyyyy!!!! Crazy long standing ovation. It's showtime!
• They didn't run the bio film, narrated by Jon Voight, ahead of her entrance; I wonder what happened to it? Interesting cutaways on the PBS coverage: Piper (her youngest daughter) licking her palm and wetting down baby Trig's hair; some protester getting hauled out of the arena. Just as it was in 2004, the liberals crash the GOP's convention while the conservatives respected the Dems conventions. Typical thuggishness.
Good blend of folksy and wonk and a wicked smackdown on the Obamessiah's "Styrofoam Greek colums" and the fact he's written two memoirs, but no legislation or reforms. Ka-POW!!!!
• Well, she cranked that one into orbit. The Treason Media will either STFU or destroy themselves in the public's eyes with their unhinged jihad against her. The Dems must be positively crapping themselves as they see countless women rallying to Palin's flag of genuine feminine power and accomplishment. Unlike Hillary, she didn't have a horndog husband to provide pity points for her political ambitions.
• The PBS crew sounds depressed that she did so well. In contrast with the CEOs earlier, she showed the political skill that this sort of gig requires on top of skills. Mark Shields blubbered that she contradicted herself about the Bridge to Nowhere. Oh, yeah, that's right - when liberals flip-flop, it means nothing; when conservatives change position, it's the gallows for them!
• Nightline is invested in her destruction. After an assortment of clips, they came back from the break with tapes of this trooper scandal in Alaska and ominously intoned that this was going to be trouble for her. Well, DUH!!! They're committed to destroying conservatives, especially women and minorities who break away from the Dems plantation. Anyone got links to the episodes of Nightline which discussed Obama's close ties to terrorists, felons and racists and how this was going to affect him? [crickets]
• The Corner is reporting that the MSNBC gang looked visibly depressed and Andrew Sullivan has gone further batsh*t crazy; still demanding that they prove Trig is Palin's kid. I took his link off here a couple years ago because he was getting so maniacal about gay marriage and I haven't regretted it.
• Charlie Rose's panel managed to mask their shell shock well. They're acknowledging that so far it's working out nicely, though they are trying to push the meme that she wasn't properly vetted. Um, Obama's been running for 18 months and the TM hasn't shown the slightest interest in looking into his shady associations. Double standards are the coins of their realm.
• Full text of the Moose-Slayer's Manifesto. One of the best bits:
This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word "victory" except when he's talking about his own campaign. But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed ... when the roar of the crowd fades away ... when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot - what exactly is our opponent's plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he's done turning back the waters and healing the planet? The answer is to make government bigger ... take more of your money ... give you more orders from Washington ... and to reduce the strength of America in a dangerous world.OWWWWWWW!!!!! Truth stings like an Oedipus, don't it?!? And this part perfectly framed the two-faced contempt the Dems have toward the little guys they pretend to care about:
I might add that in small towns, we don’t quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening, and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren’t listening. We tend to prefer candidates who don’t talk about us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco.BAM! BAM! BAM!!!
• Tomorrow: Can McCain make the sale? He's certainly the least polished of the people on the tickets; is the public so in need of slick that they won't accept substance if it's not packaged neatly? (Obama is all style with zero substance and look where he is.) After the Moose-Slayer's 12-run grand slam tonight, he's really got to pull another rabbit out of his ass to look half as good.