Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Home Depot Scam - Guys Beware!

A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular Home Depot customers. This one caught me by surprise.

Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naïve enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the trunk. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts.

It is impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds.

You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen March 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th & 29th. Also April 1st & 4th, Twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 30th, three times last Saturday and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.

P.S. Walmart has wallets on sale for 2.99 each.

=============

Yes, it's an obvious joke someone sent me, but I smiled. I sent this reply: "Oh, please! We're supposed to believe that this guy is so foolish as to be buying three dollar wallets when you can get them at the dollar store for, well, a dollar?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog is much more fun to read since the election is over. yay!

Dirk Belligerent said...

I'm sure it'll turn back to a meaner stance once Barry takes office and proceeds to run the country into the ground, but for now, I'm catching up on other stuff and leaving the heavy stuff off. I had an item about the continuing bashing of Moose-Slayer, but there was so much to it, I just didn't want to fuss with it since post mortems are usually pointless.

Quick goofy bits - which were what I originally wanted to make the bulk of content here - which are fast to post suit me fine. I don't want to have to write 1000 words of frustration five times a day if I can avoid it. I'd rather post a picture of Tina Fey or something.